What did you do this past week?
I got started on the Collatz assignment. Or at least, I tried. It was sort of demoralizing to hit a roadblock so early into the assignment. Turns out all I had to do was ./TestCollatz.py or use Python3 to get the tests running instead of using python TestCollatz.py .
What’s in your way?
Right now, I need to look up how to use Docker and run tests on Travis CI. It feels like I am spending a lot of time looking up small things like git commands.
What will you do next week?
- Read, read, read! It sure is easy to put off the readings for a “little later” that turns to never.
- Go to office hours if I haven’t figured out how to use Docker and Travis CI.
- Write good tests for the assignment. There’s a lot to consider when writing test cases.
- Finish the assignment! Duh.
- Stretch goal: prepare for and attend the McCombs and/or Engineering Expo.
What’s my experience of the class?
I got a 0 on my attendance quiz Wednesday. I wasted a lot of time on the first question and end up guessing (incorrectly) and thought the second question was a trick question (it wasn’t). Discouraging to essentially get no credit for being in class, but that’s just the way the cookie crumbles. Just gotta be more prepared.
What’s my pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
The College of Fine Arts here at UT recently opened up a makerspace called The Foundry that is open to all students and faculty members. One of the areas is aimed towards Gaming and Video making. You can even rent out a GoPro!